The Technician license class originally scheduled for this month has been cancelled for now. It is “Parked” on two Saturdays, May 16 & 23. Depending on how the coronavirus outbreak goes, it will settle on a pair of dates. Feel free to sign up, even if it puts you on a waiting list.
Lincoln County ACS will not meet this month on our usual 2nd Tuesday date. Instead, we will join Lincoln County Amateur Radio Club for a picnic at Big Creek Park on the 3rd Tuesday, August 20. It’s a semi-potluck, with ribs provided. Dinner is at 6:00 pm.
The meeting this month will.be on the 3rd Tuesday, April 16, rather than the second. ACS meeting at 1800, Club meeting at 1900. Samaritan Center for Health Education, 740 SW 9th in Newport.
Be at the conference room at 5:30, in ACS shirt and blue jeans.
If you don’t have a uniform shirt, contact Jenny 541-265-4199.
Due to some scheduling conflicts, we’ve had to move the meeting night a couple times this year. Here are the anticipated meeting dates at the Samaritan Community Health Education Center for 2019:
January 15 – THIRD Tuesday
February 19 – THIRD Tuesday
March 12 – SECOND Tuesday
April 16 – THIRD Tuesday
May 14 – SECOND Tuesday
June 11 – SECOND Tuesday
July 9 – SECOND Tuesday
August – TBD
September 10 – SECOND Tuesday
October 8 – SECOND Tuesday
November 12 – SECOND Tuesday
December 17 – THIRD Tuesday
We’re scheduled to be at the front of the line for next year so hopefully we can land all the Second Tuesdays for our meetings.
Here’s the latest – we will be back at the Samaritan Center for Health Education, 740 SW 9th in Newport, for the foreseeable future.
ACS meets at 6pm the second Tuesday of the month, followed by the Club meeting at 7pm.
Here’s an update on the net control dates filled and not filled. As you
can see, many opportunities exist for those who have not yet taken
advantage of this experience. Our hope is to get everyone to do this
more than once, even regularly, not only to share the work, but to gain
experience and confidence on the air in a fairly low pressure
situation. Experienced operators are necessary to handle these nets
too, as they provide good examples of how others might handle the net.
And you never know when you might be in the position of having to be a
net control because no one else is around, licensed and trained.
May 15 – South N7ONP Micheal
North K7RVW Barb
May 22 South W7BL John
North N7KNK Doug
July 3 North KF7JNH Madelyn
If you are scheduled to handle one of the ACS net control sessions please read over these documentation instructions.
1. If you have forgotten which day you are acting net control, you may always check the calendar at the ACS website. If you need someone to handle your scheduled night for any reason, just let me know.
2. We would like to start keeping electronic records of net participation. To that end, you may download an Excel file at www.lincolncountyacs.org at the “Documents” tab. The file is named “Net Roster Excel Format.”
If you don’t have Microsoft’s Excel software, you can save the file, and open it using the OpenOffice software (available for free at www.openoffice.org).
3. You may enter check-ins directly onto the spreadsheet or transfer your handwritten notes to the spreadsheet if you prefer. Once completed, if you would then please convert the file to an Adobe PDF saving it using the naming convention of YYMMDD North Net (or South Net). For example the south net on March 27, 2012 would be named 120327 North Net.pdf or 120327 South Net.pdf. If you cannot convert the file, you can send the spreadsheet file to Doug Holbrook and he will happily convert it for the records.
In any event, once you have created the file, please send it to Doug, who will be archiving for the Lincoln County EOC records.
If you have any difficulties, questions, or need assistance with any of this, please let Doug know, and thank you in advance for your help and continued volunteer efforts.
Doug N7KNK is signing up ACS members for net control duties through May 1. Check the Calendar page, and mouse-over or click the “North County” or “South County” entries to see who is scheduled for that net. It’s good experience, not as hard as it looks, and it’s a friendly crowd. Don’t be shy!
The Documents page has an updated Roster, plus:
- ACS Administrative Plan
- ACS Volunteer Application
- Roster in Excel format, designed for data collection and transmission